Call Toll-Free Today
(877) 617-BEER (2337)
Copyright 2017. Glacier Design Systems, Inc.
CO2 Safety Monitors From Analox
Glacier Design Systems, Inc.
The Dangers of CO2 for Restaurant and Bar Employees
In order to make carbonated beverages carbonated, CO2 must be infused into the liquid. Carbonated beverage machines are installed in just about every restaurant and bar across America. Most customers don't think anything about them; they are everywhere. But for restaurant and bar managers and employees, the dangers and risks associated with working closely with carbonated beverage machines are a reality.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a gas that is toxic to humans in concentrations as low as 0.5%, and a leak in one of these carbonated beverage systems exposes those nearby to toxic fumes. Carbon dioxide is odorless and colorless and can go undetected until adverse effects begin taking place. Leaks can occur due to improper installation, a faulty system, and simple user error. In order to be sure that leaks of CO2 do not go undetected, it is important and often mandated by OSHA for all restaurant and bar establishments to have a CO2 detector. Without awareness of a leak, employees are at risk of succumbing to CO2 poisoning, which induces symptoms like headaches, deeper breathing, and increased heart rates. If the person is not removed from the area with a high concentration of CO2, symptoms will reach the point of unconsciousness and then death, all of which are caused by the simple inhalation of CO2.
Physiological Effect of CO2 Inhalation
Because CO2 is colorless and odorless, symptoms of inhalation can occur for seemingly no reason. The effects of CO2 inhalation may at first be attributed to something else and the victim may have no idea of the seriousness of the issue. When a person begins to inhale CO2 instead of oxygen, rapid breathing and headaches can begin to occur. The body will try to breathe faster so that it can take in more oxygen when it realizes it is being deprived of oxygen. But, that will cause the person to inhale even more CO2, which can cause headaches due to low oxygen levels. If the brain is deprived of oxygen for long enough, the body will pass out to cease all other functions besides focusing on breathing. At this point, the person is unable to move away from the CO2 source and someone else needs to remove them to prevent death. If the person is completely starved of oxygen, they will die of asphyxiation.
Are Your Workplaces Safe?
These are very real dangers that employees of restaurants and bars can potentially be exposed to while at work. But, there are ways to ensure your workplace is a safe place to be. One of the main ways to do this is by installing CO2 monitors. CO2 monitors work like smoke detectors. We keep smoke detectors and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors in our homes because these gases are dangerous to us, and we want to be warned of their presence before it is too late. Similarly, restaurants and bars should have CO2 detectors/monitors because that is the gas most likely to cause problems. Without any sort of CO2 monitor or detector in an establishment where carbonated beverage machines are used, the employees could be at risk.
Analox CO2 Safety Monitors Overview
Whether you need to install a CO2 monitor for the first time or you are looking for an upgrade to your current model, the Analox CO2 safety monitors are the place to start your search. Analox models are the industry leaders when it comes to any type of CO2 monitor. They have been tried and tested in all situations to be sure they are accurate and offer enough warning time for employees to rectify the situation and/or retreat from the contaminated area before any harm is done. Analox CO2 safety monitors are highly versatile and customizable, as well. They can be used to create and build a system of monitors or can be used standalone. Standards around the world, including National Boiler Inspection Code (NBIC), OSHA, NFPA55, and IFC, mandate that employees and members of the public are not exposed to potentially dangerous levels of CO2 as it's a highly toxic gas in relatively small quantities.
- Analox Ax60+ - The Ax60+ is a wall-mountable gas safety device for monitoring oxygen and carbon dioxide. Based on the popular Ax60 CO2 detector, the new Ax60+ offers the additional functionality of a modular O2 sensor which provides an early warning of both oxygen depletion and oxygen enrichment. The CO2 and O2 sensors are interchangeable and can be fully integrated as part of a multi-point, multi-gas detection and alarm system. The CO2 sensor is set by default to trigger a low-level alarm at 1.5% CO2, an evacuation alarm at 3% CO2 and a time-weighted average alarm of 0.5% CO2 measured over eight hours. The O2 sensor is set by default to trigger low-going alarms at both 19.5% and at 18% and a high-going alarm at 23%. The alarm setpoints can be changed by the user. Warnings are announced by high-visibility strobe lights and high-volume sounders.
- Aspida - The Aspida CO2 monitor is a portable detector that can be used wherever needed throughout the building. It is designed to be a personal CO2 detector that can be worn on the body, but it also has the ability to be wall mounted as a backup CO2 monitor when one is needed. The unit is compact yet robust and able to detect CO2 with accurate precision. The Aspida is equipped with an audio/visual warning system to alert the user of high levels of CO2 in the area. It is available as a sole CO2 monitor, but like the Analox A50, can also be purchased as a dual monitor for both CO2 and nitrogen. The Aspida is both affordable and easy to use, making it one of the most popular CO2 monitors for employees on the go. It is best suited for beverage gas delivery drivers and technicians to ensure they are not exposed to high levels of CO2 while in their trucks or during the transfer of the units from the truck to the final destination. Besides keeping employees and customers safe, the monitor is in compliance with regulations from EH40, NBIC, OSHA, NFPA55, IFC and TUV that require employees and customers not be exposed to potentially dangerous levels of CO2.
Purchasing an Analox CO2 monitor is your best defense against a CO2 leak in your place of business, whether that is a fixed location or you are on the go. Accidents happen all of the time and being forewarned of danger is your greatest hope for survival. Any business in the food and beverage industry that uses CO2 should be equipped with a CO2 monitor, and when it comes to your life and the lives of your employees, you want the best - install an Analox CO2 monitor in your place of business.
As the primary distributor of Analox CO2 monitors, Glacier has the knowledge and resources to expertly install one of these popular and necessary products in your bar, restaurant or fast food outlet. Call us today for more information. We are excited to partner with you to keep your workplace safe.
|Ranges||0.1 – 5%||Operating Temp||-5 to 45OC|
|Repeatability||2% of full scale||Power||110/240 VAC or 9- 24VDC|
|Technique||Infra red absorption||Dimensions||175 x 110 x 75 (mm)|
|Response Time||<45 seconds T90||Protection||IP66 /NEMA 4X. CE marked|
|Dual Alarms Visual||Alarm 1 and 2 visual red and||Audio||Fault Visual Amber|
* Check here to see if your Gas Monitor is Waterproof.
Watch VideoHow safe are your employees and guests??
Ax60+ Multi-Gas CO2 & O2 Safety Monitor
The Analox Ax60+ multi-gas monitor... because plus is more.
The Ax60+ is a wall-mountable multi-gas monitor for detecting carbon dioxide with an option for monitoring oxygen available soon.
Based on the popular Ax60 CO2 detector, the new Ax60+ multi-gas monitor offers the additional functionality of being able to add modular sensors, creating a fully flexible solution.
The CO2 sensor is set by default to trigger a low-level alarm at 1.5% CO2, an evacuation alarm at 3% CO2 and a time-weighted average alarm of 0.5% CO2 measured over eight hours. Alarm setpoints can be fully customized by the user to adhere to specific local regulations.
The O2 sensor provides an early warning of both oxygen depletion and oxygen enrichment.
The O2 sensor will be set by default to trigger low-going alarms at both 19.5% and at 18% and a high-going alarm at 23%. The alarm setpoints can be changed by the user. Warnings are announced by high-visibility strobe lights and high-volume sounders.
The CO2 and O2 sensors will be interchangeable and can be fully integrated as part of a multi-point, multi-gas detection and alarm system.
KEY FEATURES OF THE AX60+ WALL MOUNTABLE MULTI GAS MONITOR
- Multi-point, multi-gas, distributed monitoring system
- 4-channel flexibility allowing any sensor combination - both now and in the future
- Central display unit for remote operation and control
- User-configurable alarms, setpoints and relay outputs
- Built-in software for operation and maintenance tasks
- Relay 'failsafe options'
- Improved accuracy and calibration for CO2 channels
- Meets TUV, DIN, NFPA, IFC and OSHA requirements
- Up to five year sensor and electronics warranty
- Virtually maintenance free
- Ax60+ Datasheet Beverage and Hospitality
- Ax60+ Quick Start Guide (Quick Connect)
- Ax60+ Quick Start Guide (Hard Wired)
- Ax60+ Quick Start Guide Kiosk Option
- Ax60+ User Manual
- Ax60+ Central Unit Configuration
- Ax60+ CO2 Sensor Configuration
- Ax60+ Sensor Warning Label
- Ax60+ Alarm Warning Label
- Ax60+ 'What To Do' Label
- Ax60+ Oxygen Alarm Warning Label
Analox Aspida CO2 Portable Alam
The Analox Aspida is a truly personal alarm. Aspida the Greek word meaning shield, and like a shield this robust alarm is dedicated to protecting workers from the dangers of elevated carbon dioxide (CO2) and oxygen (O2) depletion.
The Analox Aspida is available as a dual CO2/O2 alarm or as a single gas variant. The Aspida is supplied with the usual features including: audio/visual alarms, Time Weighted Average (TWA), vibration alarm and a highly visible display all packaged into a durable, water resistant enclosure.
Users of the Analox Aspida will never need to worry about maintenance schedules again. The Aspida uses intelligent software which lets you know what requires maintenance and when – ensuring optimum performance of your unit. The software also allows 2 employees to share the unit, ideal for 24/7 split shift patterns.
Mandown / Panic Alarm
The Analox Aspida is the first gas alarm to incorporate a man down/panic alarm. The man down alarm will sound a loud (110db) audible alarm in the event of an employee collapsing. Alternatively, an employee can trigger the alarm manually in a panic situation.
How often to you forget to recharge equipment? The Aspida offers additional flexibility with battery changing and charging. It is supplied with two rechargeable AA batteries; however, if you forget to charge your unit, you can fit and use two off the shelf AA batteries for the day.